முதிரும் அலைஞனின் முதிரா அலைகள்

ÌÅ¢Ôõ «¨ÄÔõ ŢâÔõ ÌÅ¢Ôõ Aging Wanderer's Raging Rambles: Focus Ó¾¢Õõ «¨Ä»É¢ý Ó¾¢Ã¡ «¨Ä¸û: ÌÅ¢Âõ

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Two Interesting Posts I found on BBC Notice Board [Sri Lanka: Can peace be restored?]


"This spilt between Tamils in East and North was not a new one. Tamils in North thinks that they are superior than Eastern Tamils. I noticed this while I was in the University of Peradeniya, where Eastern Tamils were not welcomed in the common dining tables. These Eastern Tamils used to sit with us to eat. They became good friends of Sinhalese Students. This attitude towards Easterners was there even at work places. This is a society where Tamils are separated by regions, caste and wealth. It is not common to see this type of split. It is interesting to see how they started to fight each other when their common enemy became no longer a threat to them."
nimal ekanayaka, Canada


"The Sri Lankan government should use this opportunity to weaken the LTTE. There will be no peace in the island and in Tamil Nadu as long as the Sri Lankan Tamil affairs are controlled by an armed group that doesn't believe in democracy or tolerate dissent. Whatever Col. Karuna's intentions might be, he has exposed the duplicity in the Tigers' stance, whereby they were preparing for war at a time they were supposed to be talking peace, and killing fellow Tamil parliamentary candidates. I think the Tamil people have to be first safeguarded from such extremist behaviour, and have a chance to express their real preferences in a free and fair election."
Sundar, India

The first one is UTTER lie, and the second, I know WHY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home