முதிரும் அலைஞனின் முதிரா அலைகள்

ÌÅ¢Ôõ «¨ÄÔõ ŢâÔõ ÌÅ¢Ôõ Aging Wanderer's Raging Rambles: Focus Ó¾¢Õõ «¨Ä»É¢ý Ó¾¢Ã¡ «¨Ä¸û: ÌÅ¢Âõ

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Keyman is dead & Murasu hides :-( Tamlish flows :-D

NOW: 29th August, 2003| PBS: White-collar jobs head oWhite-collar jobs head overseas & The Impact of Humanity -THE SACRED BALANCE

According to CNN's Entertainment, Adam Sandler is No 1 actor in earnings: US$41 (or 47??) Millions. I still remember what one critic wrote in his review for Mr. Deeds. If I paraphrse it, "When a monotonic Adam Sandler gets $20 M per film, and a talented actor like John Turturro appears as his sidekick for a slim check, you should know something is wrong with the Hollywood." This holds for any movie industry, I believe, and it is not "something wrong", but it is the nature (what I also happen to despise). If someone asked my top ten favorite movies, one of them would be John Turturro-in-the-lead-movie, "Box of Moon Light (1996)". (However, still the first two slots for Ladri di biciclette (1948) & City Lights (1931); emotionally attached.. let the logic waits for me outside when I watch these movies :-D)

"Paradise" & "Passion"; Around Palastine & Israel, One Play & one Movie (for a change, I have linked to a right-wing page :-)); one is contemporary and the other is mythical-historical-fictional; one is an unknown school play and the other is from the Braveheart leathon weapon slinger.... But, one similarity; Both Stir up CONTROVERSY; one is from the American Islamic community & the other is from the American Jewish community; Guess what! It is not the play American Jewish community complains about. On the other hand, nowadays, Kollywood & Hollywood are pressed by the self-appointed moral dictators of the respective communities to add what the society needs and remove what it does not..... What is the point of artistic freedom? I may contradict with what they show, but I defend their rights to produce what they like. (Ok, agreed; there lies the other side of story; Film industries do not grind with the artistic inspirations, but do get motivated running with the cash-yielding themes...)

US Tamil sympathisers file suit against Powell, Ashcroft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home